Opportunity Exists for Educating Customers About CBD

 

Although CBD has been covered extensively in the media, and products have made their way to shelves in mainstream stores, most consumers have never tried a CBD product, don’t know what CBD is, or don’t know the difference between CBD, marijuana and THC.

Invisibly, using its Realtime Research tool, polled 1,087 Americans to learn about their knowledge of, and interest in, using CBD products.

Sixty-two percent of respondents reported that they never tried a CBD product in any form. Of those who have tried CBD, 14 percent used it in an ingestible form, 11 percent used it as a topical ointment or cream, and 13 percent tried it in both ingestible and topical form.

Sixty-eight percent who have not tried CBD said that they don’t know the difference between CBD and THC-containing products such as marijuana.

Alternatively, 64 percent of respondents who have tried CBD did understand the difference between the compounds, 36 percent who have tried CBD did so without knowing the difference between CBD and THC-containing products, and 32 percent who have not tried CBD products still understood the difference between CBD and THC-containing products like marijuana.

According to Invisibly, more than half of respondents (53 percent) would not consider using a CBD product for any reason. Of the remaining 47 percent of respondents who said they would consider using a CBD product, 24 percent said they would use it to reduce stress and anxiety, 14 percent said they would use or consider using CBD to reduce both stress and physical pain, and 9 percent said they would use or consider using CBD solely to reduce chronic physical pain.

Less than three-quarters of respondents (71 percent) who have never tried a CBD product said that they “won’t use any CBD product” while nearly 30 percent of respondents who have never tried a CBD product would consider using it to reduce stress, anxiety or physical pain. Forty percent of respondents who have tried CBD said their primary reason was to reduce stress and anxiety, while 17 percent said their primary reason was to reduce physical or chronic pain, and 32 percent who have tried CBD use it for both reasons.

Invisibly also found that women use CBD more frequently than men and non-binary respondents, in both ingestible and topical forms. Fifty-nine percent of women said they have tried both vs. 26 percent of men and 24 percent of non-binary respondents. Women also tried topical CBD more than twice as much as their male and non-binary counterparts, with women accounting for 56 percent compared to 24 percent of men and 20 percent of non-binary respondents.

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Print
Email

Recent Articles

Gift Cards You’ll Want to Give

Two thirds (63%) of holiday shoppers say they are more likely to buy their loved ones a gift card/certificate rather than an actual present this year, and 41% say gift cards are the top item on their own wish lists. That’s according to a survey by Mastercard, but we already know that a gift card

Read More »

Esco Bars By Pastel Cartel

Talk about getting in on the ground floor. The year was 2011 when Darrell Suriff received a call from his college-aged son Justin, excited about a new gadget he’d seen people smoking from at a local club. Turns out Justin had just discovered vaping. “I was very skeptical, at first,” says Suriff, “but I started

Read More »

The Chill Room

Baby steps. Organic. These are just two words to describe the evolution of the Chill Room in W Palm Beach/ Worthington, Florida. Robert Cartagine opened his first vape shop in 2015 with great trepidation, but after realizing that his entire family stopped smoking and started vaping, he saw that there was a need. “In addition

Read More »

LOOV

They’ve done it again! Randy’s, famous for their wired rolling papers, has been at the forefront of innovative smokeware products and defining smokeware standards for over 45 years. The Loov multi-purpose, table-top vaporiser, is the newest innovation from Randy’s. It offers a session unlike any you’ve ever experienced with its unique “Fill it up, tip

Read More »

Canna Style Smoking Accessories

You can think of Canna Style as your stoner bestie, sharing with you the smoking accessories of your wildest dreams. After years of working for major fashion brands, founder Amanda Smith, created this cute and trendy smokeware brand to fill a void in a traditionally male dominated space, bringing something uniquely different to girls, the

Read More »

Social Media

Most Recent

Are you 18 or older?