HQ Advertising Terms & Conditions
Subscription. Your HQ advertising subscription will continue and automatically renew until terminated. To utilize HQ services you must submit a credit card for HQ to keep on file. You may change your payment method by contacting our accounting department at email@example.com OR by calling the office at 505-275-6049. You must cancel your advertising subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the advertising sponsorship fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below). This is for regular advertising subscriptions and does NOT include catalogs, inserts/onserts, and front/back covers. Please refer to your agreement for specific terms regarding special placements.
Cancellation. You may cancel your HQ advertising subscription at any time. To cancel, you agree to email firstname.lastname@example.org and formally state that you wish to cancel. The deadline to cancel is the 15th of each month prior to the close of the working issue. HQ magazine prints two months in advance. For example, to cancel a March issue advertising subscription, you must notify HQ of your intent to discontinue advertising no later than January 15th. All special placements, inserts, catalogs, and premium placement sales are final and cannot be canceled.
HQ Cover Sponsorship. HQ is offering multiple front/back covers – up to 5 each and back covers – up to 3 of each in each issue. Cancellations are non-refundable. Artwork must be submitted no later than 1 week before our deadline and might be replaced for that issue if not received in time, and the same no-cancellation rule applies. A $1000 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of signing.
Inserts. Special insertions are not subscription-based. These special placements are determined at the time of contract creation and set for specific months/issues and for a specific time period. All sales are final. Failure to miss the assigned art deadlines will result in forfeiture of the ad space without refund. Inserts require a 50% non-refundable deposit (unless otherwise noted on the insertion order). The deposit is due at signing.
Premium Placement. First right of refusal is given for premium placement. Your resign/confirmation for continued advertising for any designated premium placement must be submitted no later than the 1st of the month for the working issue. Front/Back cover placements require a non-refundable $1000 deposit for each issue an ad is placed.
HQ Magazine requires pre-payment prior to placement of your print or online advertisement. HQ Magazine reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time without the Advertiser’s consent.
HQ Magazine Terms, Conditions, Policies, Procedures, and Disclaimer
1. HQ Magazine (Publisher) is a monthly trade magazine and internationally focused website directed to shop owners and buyers for wholesale distributors and manufacturers.
2. HQ Magazine is not distributed to the general public.
3. The Publisher’s distribution list is proprietary and never shared with or sold to any agent or company.
4. Policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
5. Address all questions to your advertising sales representatives.
Contract Payment, Cancellation, Suspension, Termination
6. First time advertisers must submit a signed Credit Card Authorization Form along with the signed Advertising Contract.
7. HQ Magazine requires prepayment, including for renewal orders, prior to the placement of your advertisement for each print issue and/or all online ads.
8. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
9. Rates and deadlines are subject to change without notice.
10. Advertising space may not be resold by any party. Only HQ Magazine Sales Representatives are authorized to sell advertising for the magazine or website.
11. Advertising prices are confidential. Customer information is protected and private.
12. Advertisers may pay monthly with credit card or ACH/wire transfer. The Publisher can accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. A credit card authorization form with signature is required for processing. Changing to a different card requires a separate form and signature. Credit card security numbers are required for processing.
13. Advertising Insertion Orders may not be canceled unless otherwise notated on the insertion order. Subscription/auto-renewal accounts may submit a cancellation request 45 days prior to the issue release date. Special inserts and premium placement ads are final sales.
14. Customer advertisement cancellations will be accepted via email or by phone and must be received by the Publisher by the 15th of the month before the month of publication. Please see the cancellation schedule located within your insertion order.
15. Advertising insertion orders may be suspended or terminated for non-payment at the Publisher’s discretion.
16. Advertising is subscription-based and will continue to run and be charged until the client has submitted a cancellation request via email or by phone and must adhere to the cancellation schedule.
17. The Publisher may, at its own discretion, submit Advertising Contracts terminated for nonpayment to a collections agency.
18. The Publisher may terminate this Advertising Contract for any reason at any time without the Advertiser’s consent. In the event that the Publisher terminates this Contract, the Publisher will refund the Advertiser for advertisements paid for in advance but not yet published.
Advertisement Run, Placement, Content
19. Advertisers are liable for the full advertisement price for reserved magazine advertising space.
20. No paid magazine or online advertisements will be run without a valid and signed
21. All advertising artwork must conform to the requirements specified in the Media Kit.
22. Artwork should be submitted to the HQ Magazine art department via email at email@example.com.
23. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to have all magazine advertisement materials submitted and approved by the deadline for each issue.
24. Late magazine artwork will be accepted and placed in the next scheduled issue.
25. Guaranteed magazine placements may be forfeited if advertising materials and/or artwork are not received by the due dates.
26. An extension for submitting artwork may be granted, however, an extension for the current issue may not be available due to publication deadlines. Extensions will come directly from the art director.
27. Previously submitted magazine and online advertisement artwork will be used in subsequent issues or time periods when no new advertisement materials have been submitted before the deadline.
28. The Publisher does not publish images of marijuana leaves or other substances illegal in the United States.
29. The Publisher does not publish material implying illegal drug use or abuse or any other illegal activities.
30. Images of human nudity may be subject to editing.
31. The Publisher is the sole owner of all art, design, creative ideas and products, editorial content, and photographic work produced.
Liability, Hold Harmless, Arbitration, Legal Construction, Parties Bound, Governing Law, Attorneys’ Fees
32. The Publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions in any advertising materials provided by the advertiser or its agents, including errors in key numbers, or for changes made after closing dates.
33. The Publisher is not subject to any liability whatsoever for inability to publish or circulate all or any part of any issue or issues because of causes beyond the Publisher’s reasonable control (Force Majeure). The term Force Majeure shall include, without limitation, acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, storm or similar occurrence, orders or acts of military or civil authority, national emergencies, insurrections, riots, wars, strikes, lock-outs, work stoppages or other labor disputes, supplier failures, or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Publisher. If the Publisher is unable to perform its obligations because of Force Majeure, the Publisher will give the Advertiser prompt notice and will make reasonable efforts to avoid or remove such causes of non-performance and shall proceed to perform with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed or cease to exist.
34. The advertiser and its agents agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Publisher, and its employees and agents, against all loss, liability, damage, and expense of any nature whatsoever arising out of the copying, printing, or publication of its advertisements including, and without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees resulting from claims or lawsuits for libel, violations of rights of privacy, plagiarism, copyright, or trademark infringements.
35. Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Advertising Contract shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The parties shall select a mutually acceptable arbitrator knowledgeable about matters relating to the subject matter of this Advertising Contract. In the event the parties are unable to agree to such a selection, each party will select an arbitrator and the two arbitrators in turn shall select a third arbitrator, all three of whom shall preside jointly over the matter. The arbitration shall take place in the County of Bernalillo, State of New Mexico. All documents, materials, and information in the possession of each party that are in any way relevant to the dispute shall be made available to the other party for review and copying no later than 30 days after the notice of arbitration is served. The arbitrator(s) shall not have the authority to modify any provision of this Advertising Contract or to award punitive damages. The arbitrator(s) shall have the power to issue mandatory orders and restraint orders in connection with the arbitration. The decision reached by the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on the parties.
36. In the event any one or more of the provisions contained in this Advertising Contract shall for any reason be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, that invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision. This Advertising Contract shall be construed as if the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision had never been contained in it.
37. This Advertising Contract shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties to this Advertising Contract and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors, and assigns as permitted by this Advertising Contract.
38. This Advertising Contract shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico.
39. If any action at law or in equity is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this Advertising Contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
HQ Magazine and Website Disclaimer, Legal Notice, and Incorporation Clause
HQ Magazine and HQ Magazine Website are produced under and subject to the laws, regulations, and ordinances of the State of New Mexico, County of Bernalillo, City of Albuquerque, in the United States of America. The Publisher produces the content of HQ Magazine and HQ Magazine Website under the protection of Amendment 1 of the United States Constitution providing protection of free speech for published content.
The information in the magazine and on the website is subject to a disclaimer intended to advise that our goal and policy is to provide products and services that fully comply with the laws of the United States and any other country for which such is intended. We are not, however, fully aware of all laws outside those of our location and may unintentionally be in violation of such.
The Publisher is unable to know or be aware of laws, regulations, or ordinances in any given location. We advise that all persons using this magazine or website comply with their local laws, regulations, and ordinances and discourage the disregard of any of these. We recognize the website, by design and intent, has an international focus and by the nature of the Internet crosses all international boundaries. We recognize that there are locations in the world where the content of this site is illegal by local law, and there are other locations where there are no legal issues whatsoever with any of the products described or advertised here. It is up to the individuals viewing these pages to comply with their local laws, regulations, and ordinances. The Publisher cannot and will not control, influence, or determine who is compliant or non-compliant with such laws, regulations, or ordinances.
HQ Magazine and HQ Magazine website does not endorse, profit from, or recommend any product, process, or service that is intended or designed for use in the manufacture, production, or processing of controlled substances including, but not limited to, marijuana/cannabis/hashish or other substances defined and prohibited as illegal in the United States and any other country for which such is intended. Any such product, process, or service that may be advertised or discussed on this site is intended only for those jurisdictions where such product, process, or service is legally allowed.
External links on some web pages may provide access to other Internet sites for the convenience of viewers. The Publisher is not responsible for the content of these external sites, nor does the Publisher endorse or warrant the services, products, or information offered at those other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that those external sites will abide by the same policies to which the Publisher adheres, and the availability of such external links is not to be construed as any endorsement of recommendation of any product, process, or service that is intended for use in the manufacture, production, processing, and/or use of controlled substances as set forth in the Disclaimer above.
The Publisher provides content on a range of subject matter and sells advertising for a wide range of companies. We do not edit or restrict such advertising under the same protections stated above. The Publisher, however, does have subject matter limitations as our focus is on natural products and on natural pleasure subjects the navigation and content include. Some product areas may be discontinued while others may be added, at our discretion and without notice.
Advertising Contracts will be honored in full and pages will not be discontinued while an active advertisement is running, although further Contracts may be unavailable if the intent is to discontinue the page. By signing this Advertising Contract you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree with our Disclaimer.
This signed Advertising Contract, including the HQ Magazine Terms, Conditions, Policies, Procedures, and Disclaimer, reflects the full understanding and Contract of the parties hereto, and no other representations previously made, whether written or oral, shall serve to modify this contract. By signing you agree that you are an authorized representative of the advertising company and that you want the HQ Magazine edge and understand and agree to all the Terms, Conditions, Policies, and Procedures stated above.
NOTE about COLOR reproduction. A computer monitor can display only a small fraction of colors, and a printing press can reproduce even fewer colors. The method we use to print the magazine is called “offset”. We are not a direct to digital process so we do not have the 100 % accuracy of that method. Offset is subject to the pressman’s eye and experience so color can vary from issue to issue about 7% +/-. We are always working with our printer to achieve the most consistent color.
By clicking the AGREE & CONTINUE or similar button as your electronic signature, you confirm that you have read the disclosure below and you agree to receive notices, disclosures, documents, and all other communications (collectively, “Communications”) from us in electronic form.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving communications electronically by contacting us at the appropriate email or phone number provided above.