How to Get Older Customers Interested in Your Smoke Shop
You might have heard the expression, “Ok Boomer,” being used to dismiss the relevancy of older generations. But in promoting your smoke shop, you’ll be better served to change the catchphrase to, “Ok Boomer, Come On In!”
Contrary to popular belief, boomers are not just sitting around reminiscing about the good old days. They are active, engaged, and looking for new experiences. In fact, many boomers are discovering the benefits of cannabis, CBD and vaping, especially for smoking cessation, for the first time.
So, how can you reach this demographic and turn them into loyal customers? Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Create a welcoming atmosphere. Boomers appreciate a comfortable and welcoming environment. Make sure your shop is clean, well-lit, and has a friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Offer a variety of products. Boomers are not one-size-fits-all, and neither are their smoking and vaping preferences. Offer a wide range of products, including traditional cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and a variety of flavors and nicotine strengths.
- Host events and classes. Boomers are interested in learning new things and socializing. Host events and classes at your shop, such as workshops on how to roll your own smokes or how to use a vaporizer.
- Connect with the community. Boomers value community, so get involved in local events and causes. Host a fundraiser for a local charity or sponsor a golf tournament.
- Offer discounts for seniors. Boomers are often on a fixed income, so offering a senior discount can be a great way to attract them to your shop.
- Create a loyalty program. Boomers appreciate rewards for their loyalty, so create a loyalty program that rewards them for repeat business.
- Tailor your products to their needs. Boomers are more health-conscious than ever before and are looking for products that can improve their well-being. Highlight the natural therapeutic benefits of cannabis and CBD to relieve pain and inflammation, and help with anxiety and sleep issues – all of which affect us more as we age.
- Be available to answer their question. Boomers may have more questions and concerns about cannabis and vaping, so make sure your staff is knowledgeable and available to address any concerns they may have. Take the time to educate those who are new to the cannabis culture without looking down on them — the person you help today, could be your best customer tomorrow.