Unplugging from technology can be a great way to relax and recharge, but it can also be a challenge for small business owners. As a smoke shop owner, it’s important to find a balance between disconnecting and promoting your business. Here are a few tips to help you unplug while still keeping your business visible.
- Use social media strategically. Social media is a powerful tool for promoting your business, but it can also be a major time sink. Instead of constantly updating your accounts, use a scheduling app such as Hootsuite, SproutSocial or Meta Business Suite which allows you to schedule content on Facebook and Instagram (posts, Stories, and ads).
- Focus on offline marketing. While digital marketing is important, don’t overlook the power of offline marketing. Host events, sponsor charities and nonprofits, and distribute flyers or business cards in your community. These tactics can be effective in reaching new customers and building your brand.
- Connect with your customers. Building a personal relationship with your customers is key to promoting your business. Take the time to chat (face to face) with your customers, ask them for feedback, and offer them special deals or discounts. This will not only make them feel valued, but it will also encourage them to return to your shop.
- Prioritize self-care. As a small business owner, it can be easy to get caught up in the day-to-day operations of your business. But it’s important to take care of yourself, too. Make sure to take breaks throughout the day, exercise, and spend time with friends and family. With a well-trained staff, your business is in good hands — so step back and take a break.
- Automate your business. Automating your business can save you a lot of time and energy. Invest in software and tools such as Quickbooks, Lightspeed, and Zoho that can help you automate repetitive tasks, such as accounting and inventory management.